APEC Senior Officials’ Meeting 1 (SOM1) media kit
Sawasdee, welcome all media participants.
Once again, Thailand will host an upcoming APEC Meeting for the year 2022. Regarding the ongoing Covid-19 situation, we are aware that the media participants will need an affirmative guideline and necessary equipment. Therefore, we will provide the media with an access to everything they need to cover APEC 2022.
The first official meetings of Thailand’s host year begin on 14 – 25 February 2022 with the First Senior Officials’ Meeting (SOM1) and related meetings. The SOM1 will prepare for Ministerial Meetings and supervise working programmes to implement declarations and directives given by APEC Leaders and Ministers. This year SOM1 will be held as a fully virtual event.
The virtual media conference will be held with the APEC 2022 SOM Chair and APEC Secretariat Executive Director on Friday 25 February 2022, where media based anywhere in the world will be able to participate and discuss about Thailand’s host year, including the policy priorities for APEC 2022.
This media kit provides supporting media materials for SOM1, as well as a guide to registering and participating in the first APEC 2022 virtual media conference.
Department of Information, Ministry of Foreign Affairs will be responsible for all media participants for SOM1. Media participants who require to enter APEC events will need to apply according to the following guidelines:
1. Registration by sending an application email to [email protected] only, otherwise you will not be able to access to the media portal or media conference
The registration email must contain the following information
- First name and surname
- Email address
- Media organisation
- Letter confirming employment by your media organisation (on your organisation’s letterhead)
*** Media registration for SOM1 need to be done by 20 February 2022.
2. After your application email is approved, the APEC Thailand team will contact you by an e-mail for further information to complete your registration which must be done online through the APEC 2022 Media Portal.
3. The APEC 2022 Media Portal will provide media participants with access to the SOM1 virtual media conference and any other parts of the SOM1 programme open to media.
4. Further details regarding press/media on Thailand’s APEC 2022 will be made available and updated on apec2022.go.th
5. If you need assistance with the registration process at any stage, please contact [email protected]
SOM1 virtual media conference
Time (tentatively) : Friday 25 February 2022 at 12.30 – 13.15 hrs BKK time (05.30 – 06.15 GMT).
Focus: The media conference will be held in the final meeting day of the Senior Officials’ Meetings 1 (SOM1) cluster. It will provide media with an opportunity to ask questions about how Thailand will host APEC 2022, APEC 2022’s key deliverables and Thailand’s policy priorities.
- SOM Chair 2022 – Mr. Thani Thongphakdi, Permanent Secretary for Foreign Affairs of Thailand
- APEC Secretariat Executive Director – Dr. Rebecca Sta Maria
- Thailand’s Foreign Ministry Spokesperson, Mr. Tanee Sangrat – as the moderator
- Media log into the virtual media conference platform – from one hour before the media conference begins. Instructions will be supplied to all registered media.
- The moderator will explain how the media conference will work.
- The SOM Chair’s opening remarks.
- A minute Q&A session will follow – the moderator will direct media to ask their questions on-screen and then direct each question to the most appropriate speaker.
- Registered media will be invited to submit questions before the media conference, but questions submitted via private chat during the media conference will also be accepted. Media allocated questions will be invited to ask their questions on-screen.
Media conference materials: After the close of the virtual media conference, registered media will be sent a link to download the following media materials:
- A recording of the media conference.
- Individual video files for each speaker during the virtual media conference, including media asking questions.
- Behind-the-scenes footage and still imagery of the media conference in progress. (TBC)
Official APEC 2022 Channels
Social media: Follow along #APEC2022THAILAND
APEC Secretariat channels
Press Division, Department of Information,
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand
Tel. (+66) 2203 5000 ext. 22025, 22921
Fax (+66) 2643 5101
E–mail: [email protected]