Media Kit for APEC 2022 Economic Leaders’ Week
Media Kit for APEC 2022 Economic Leaders’ Week
Sawasdee and welcome once again media participants to the upcoming 29th APEC Economic Leaders’ Week (AELW) during 14 – 19 November 2022 at the Queen Sirikit National Convention Centre (QSNCC), Bangkok, Thailand. For media participants, the 29th AELW will be open for on-site participation only.
We will provide the media with access to all services and facilities needed to cover the 29th AELW. This media kit provides supporting materials for AELW, as well as a guide to registering and participating in the AELW.
1. Media Registration
The Department of Information, Ministry of Foreign Affairs will be responsible for media registration. Media participants who wish to attend the 29th AELW need to apply and complete the online registration according to the following guidelines:
- Register by sending an application by email to [email protected] only, otherwise you will not be able to access the media portal or media conference.
The registration email must contain all of the following information;
– First name and surname
– Email address
– Media organization
– Letter confirming employment by your media organization (on your organization’s letterhead)
- After your email application is approved, the APEC Thailand Secretariat team will contact you by e-mail for further information and access to complete your registration which must be done online through the APEC 2022 Media Portal.
- Please fill in the online registration form in APEC 2022 Media Portal including identifying the type of your office’s base (Thailand-based or overseas) in the registration.
** For international press/media who are currently based in Thailand and have a press card issued by Thai related authority, please choose “Thailand-based” as your type of media agency.
- The APEC Thailand Team will review your information before granting approval. The approving process may take up to 10-15 days after you complete your registration in the APEC 2022 Media Portal.
- Registrants can check the status of the approval in the APEC 2022 Media Portal. Please kindly take a screenshot or print a page from APEC 2022 Media Portal as your proof of complete registration for further procedure.
- If there is any change or additional details regarding press/media during AELW, information will be made available and updated on apec2022.go.th
- If you need assistance with the registration process at any stage, please contact [email protected]
* Online media registration for AELW needs to be completed by 31 October 2022. On-site registration is NOT available.
For media who previously completed your registration through the APEC 2022 Media Portal and wish to attend AELW for coverage, please update your information on the Portal with instructions as follows:
– Identify the type of your office’s base (Thailand-based or overseas) in the
registration form. Overseas participants need to further apply for the appropriate visa for entering the Kingdom of Thailand.
– Provide your information on transportation, address in Thailand, and flight (optional) in the APEC 2022 Media Portal.
2. Visa Application
Upon completion of registration, official/general media residing “overseas” are required to apply for appropriate visas before entering the country. Please present proof of complete registration along with other required documents at the Royal Thai Embassies and Royal Thai Consulates-General for visa application.
3. Collection of Media Badges
Media participants who completed the registration can collect the AELW media badge at the following venues:
- Reception (Rama VI Rd Entrance), Ministry of Foreign Affairs, 443 Sri Ayudhya Road, Thung Phaya Thai, Ratchathewi, Bangkok 10400
10 – 11 November 2022 10.00 – 17.00 hrs. at the Reception (Rama VI Rd Entrance
Tel. (+66) (0) 2203 5000 ext. 22004, 22013, 22026
- Media badges collecting point at Modena by Fraser Bangkok Hotel, FYI Center 2527 Rama IV Rd, Khlong Toei, Bangkok 10110
13 – 19 November 2022 08.30 – 17.00 hrs.
Tel. (+66) (0) 63 515 5398 (Ms. Nutchaya Saipun), (+66) (0) 65 924 6247 (Ms. Penprapai Mayomrat)
* Media participants must present; (1) proof of complete registration (e.g., a screenshot or a printed page of the APEC 2022 Media Portal upon the completion of registration) and (2) their original passport/ID card to collect media badges.
** In case of any inconvenience, an authorized recipient may collect the badge on behalf of the approved registrant, with additional documents as follows:
- A copy of the passport/ID card with the signature of the approved registrant
- A copy of the passport/ID card with the signature of the recipient
Kindly note that every effort will be made to provide timely accreditation and issuance of ID badges for all media registrants, and will promptly address any technical issues that may arise. A passport or other valid form of ID will be required for the badge issuance, and the process may take up to two hours depending on the number of cases. Registered media are highly advised to set enough time to collect the badges prior to the meetings.
4. International Media Center
The Media Center is located at Hall 5-8, LG Floor, at QSNCC. The total size is 22,750 sq.m. with important areas as follows:
- Press Working Area; with working space for up to 2,000 media participants
- Press Conference Area; media conference area (250 seats) and two briefing rooms (100 seats)
- Refreshment and dining area
- Host broadcaster and international broadcaster operation area
- News agencies’ operation area (media booths)
- Area for APEC Communication Partners’ exhibitions
Mass Communication Organization of Thailand (MCOT) will be the host broadcaster for the AELW to provide audiovisual, video and audio content of meetings and events for members of press. Details of the hours of operation of the Media Centre will be made available on www.apec2022.go.th.
5.Media Booths reservation
News agencies can reserve a media booth in the Media Center. Each standard media booth (3 x 5 x 4.2 m) is equipped with power supply, one table, four chairs, one TV screen, high-speed Internet, HD-SDI format to satellite transmission, access to Host Broadcaster Pool Feeds, and HD-SDI format with embedded audio. Fees may apply, should additional equipment be requested.
Due to space constraints, media booth reservations are made on a first-come, first-serve basis and are subject to allocation by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand.
Please kindly complete your reservation by 24 October 2022. For more information and reservation, please contact [email protected]
- For more information and any general inquiries, please contact the Press Division, Department of Information, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Thailand at Tel: (+66) (0) 2203 5000 ext. 22004 Fax: (+66) (0) 2643 5102 or by e-mail: [email protected]
- For specific inquiries, please contact the followings:
Mr. Natapanu Nopakun
Mr. Thanawat Sirikul
Deputy Director-General and Deputy Spokesperson
(+66) (0) 638306618
Media Opportunities and Programme
Ms. Tachaphorn Suntrajarn
Mr. Panote Preechyanud
(+66) (0) 965395595
(+66) (0) 935293591
Mrs. Maratee Nalita Andamo
(+66) (0) 955676097
Mr. Peerapat Boonsrirot
Mr. Panu Chaisriha
(+66) (0) 838287570
(+66) (0) 890327078
Head of Media Liaison
Ms. Sirindara Atthakor
Ms. Chaowanee Tangwongprasert
(+66) (0) 891222475
(+66) (0) 897704740